Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Van Halen tour is back on !! fall 2007

According to www.tixx.com , VAN HALEN is preparing to hit the road in the U.S. beginning in September. The group's lineup for the trek is expected to include David Lee Roth (vocals), Eddie Van Halen (guitar), Alex Van Halen (drums) and Eddie's 16-year-old son Wolfgang Van Halen (bass).

Wolfgang Van Halen, the projected replacement for VH bassist Michael Anthony, told People magazine in April 2007 that he wasn't disappointed there wasn’t' going to be a VAN HALEN tour this summer following his father's decision to check himself into rehab. "My dad's taking care of himself," he said. "I also think I'm too young for the experience, because I know there are a lot of bad things out there."

Eddie Van Halen issued a statement addressed to fans in early March announcing that he was seeking treatment because "at the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best.

"That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110 percent that I feel I owe you and want to give you," the statement said.

Back in January, Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone magazine about Wolfgang, "Wait until you hear this kid play. I pick him up from school every day and we jam. We've got a shredding bass player now that's laying down the law for Alex [Van Halen, drums], so I get to weave in


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Clicky Web Analytics