Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Little Mermaid Broadway review

Saturday, August 18, 2007
"The Little Mermaid" Pre-Broadway review




On Thursday night Ryan and I went to see The Little Mermaid downtown. They are having their soft opening here prior to opening in December on Broadway. I was not quite sure how they would do everything. I also had some pretty high expectations since that is my favorite Disney film. Well, it was great! The music was very good. They wrote a few original songs for the musical and had some of the same from the film. The actress who portrayed Aerial did a fantastic job. She has an outstanding voice and sounded very much like the film (as a side note, she is also originally from CO!). The actress who played Ursula had a great voice as well and we so good. People were laughing at the jokes throughout the performance and everyone seemed entertained, even all the children who attended. I did not hear one get upset/bored. This is something I would absolutely see again. If you have the chance to catch it here (it's here until September 6th I believe) or on Broadway, I highly recommend it. Ryan is not a musical fan but he went with me, so sweet!! This is hard to say, but I have to be honest when I say that I enjoyed it more than Phantom of the Opera, which was previously my favorite. Thanks for the great birthday seats (which were orchestra center I might add!) Mom and Dad (oops, this is Austin's blog, grandma and grandpa!)!
There is my personal ramble for the day, enjoy :)
http://ryandsa.blogspot.com/2007/08/little-mermaid-pre-broadway-review.html




blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Clicky Web Analytics