Thursday, January 24, 2008

Criagslist Super Bowl ticket fraud is rampant this year

Received from the NATB from a non-member broker:

im just making the NATB aware of a potential scammer regarding super bowl tickets.

his ad on craigs list states he has super bowl tickets and when he emails me he says he is asking 750.00 per seat for a ticket with a face value of 700.00 and he emails me a copy of the tickets. he asks for me to go to wall mart and go to the money dept as it sounds like he wants me to pay via the equvilent of a moneygram. he says he doesnt take paypal which is secure and safe for both the buyer and seller. and what caught my attention is in his 1st email he says he is from iowa and since the packers didnt make it to send the money to:
( this is a cut and paste of where he wants me to send the money):::

mike kuehn
1350 cobb plwy
kennesaw, ga 30152

in his 2nd email he instead tells me to send the money to:

Mike Kuehn
312 harris st
emerson ia 51533

in both cases he emailed me a copy of the tickets but anyone can cut and paste a copy of tickets from an ebay auction and make it appear the tickets are his. what caught my eye is he said he was from iowa but asked for money to 1st be sent to georgia, and then to iowa in seprate emails back to back days and he said to be safe the security question in the 1st email is super bowl tickets and in the 2nd email is just the word tickets. in other words he lies and changes where he is and how to pay with a security word which is obviously a scam.

his name is mike kuehn and the email he used in all of his replies is :

the300zxgod@gmail.com

he doesnt offer a phone # for me to call and when i offer him my # to call me he ignores it and keeps asking for me to go to wall mart and go to the money dept to wire him money. its the oldest scam in the book.

PLEASE PASS THIS GUYS NAME AND EMAIL INFO ALONG WITH THE FACT HE ADVERTISES ON CRAIGS LIST. he might call brokers too but i have no proof of anything other than him trying to get me to send him money via wall marts money dept.



blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Clicky Web Analytics