Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stone Temple Pilots...and Yes Scott is a rock star ...


I do agree that the one hour wait between Filter and STP was insane, but something was definitely up. I've seen tons of STP shows over the years, and this is not something that STP would pull. Clearly Scott's struggling right now. The show itself was amazing though. STP played some great old tunes that we haven't heard in a while, and there was lots of energy coming from that stage. Scott was clearly out of it. He forgot the lyrics a few times (I was sitting right in front of him and watching his mouth the whole time...for more than one reason ;)) and he just looked dazed and confused. Dean, Rob and Eric rocked, but Scott was clearly out of it. It's so sad. I've been a HUGE Stone Temple Pilots fan since they released Core back in 92, and Scott needs so much help right now. I just hope he realizes at some point that beating drug addiction is a daily battle and you have to love yourself more than the dope if you wanna survive.

All that aside, I need more STP and I need it now. How awesome was it to see the guys back together again after nearly 6 years?!?! I hope they book some NYC club gigs in the fall. I am sooo there. LOVE THEM!! Here's a pic I took tonight on my cell cam -




blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Clicky Web Analytics