Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ACDC is using credit cards for ticketing



Just got back to internet access after the drive back from Wilkes-Barre...

On the whole, the crowd was lame. Then again, that's what happens when you start the tour in a laid-back, sleepy little town. However, it also allows the band to fly under the radar while still getting the kinks out.

I must say, paperless ticketing rocks! The guy in front of me had bought paperless tickets and sold them to a guy and his wife. He tried to get them into the venue on his credit card, but was denied; security said that if the guy with the credit card didn't go in, then nobody would! As for me, it took a brief scan of my card, seat receipt printed, and I was on my way in all of about 5 seconds.

There were a few glitches; Phil screwed up the count back into the verse from the solo, and got the evil eye from Angus.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the Rosie doll was MIA due to a very close encounter with a flamethrower during a rehearsal the previous night.

In a funny moment, during Highway To h*ll Angus' horns slid down his head until the covered his eyes. Brian kept trying to pull them off, but Angus, not being able to see, just kept bobbing away. :)

During the encore, Angus' guitar was sounding like a screechy wet fart. I talked to the sound guys after the show about it, and they figured that he blew either a cone or the microphone in his setup. I also asked about the short show, and was assured that they had plans to lengthen it as they got their feet wet.

Hilights:

Of the new stuff, besides Train, War Machine got a great reaction, as did Anything Goes. My guess is that they'll stay in the setlist. Big Jack went over quite well, too.

Brian also sounded great. He's back!

What did surprise me was that most of the crowd had no idea that it was their turn to sing during The Jack. The band even went around a second time to get them to sing it. Also annoying was the guy next to me that kept asking me what song they were playing for anything that wasn't on Back In Black or Black Ice.

I doubt that the band will have those problems in cities where people actually buy their albums. Oh well, on to the next one... and see you in Detroit!



blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Clicky Web Analytics