Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Photos from Behind stage of U2 360 Tour 2009 - 2010

Here are some photos I took from behind stage of the U2 360 Tour when it was in the USA in Fall 2009 , they are using the same stage it is a great show 


Here is a link to the photos

The seats were a huge disapointment and they shouldnt have been since this is supposed to be the 360 tour and there is this huge bombastic stage set up to accomodate that concept that's using 200 trucks and costing a small fortune every day to maintain. I really felt the band was pandering to the concept of the 360 degrees and it's really too bad because they DID pull it off for a few seconds at the end of one of the first few songs - just for a moment - each member was playing to a different part of the stadium and all were one, it was really remarkable! Then they went and re grouped in the front of the stage and sadly stayed there for most of the rest of the show, which basically amounts to false advertising if you ask me. They sounded great, the music, which matters most, was really tight (as it should be, some of these songs are 20 years old) and Bono's voice I thought was is awesome form. WHY he had to introduce mayor bloomberg is beyond comprehension to me, it was completely annoying. But the big stage, the trek out to new jersey and back, and watching either their asses or the TV Screen, which I can do at home, I could live without all that happily. I will not go to another U2 show unless I get GA floor tix, period.

The BIGGEST surprise for me was MUSE. They completely rocked. I think I will remember their performance longer than U2's to be honest. Then again, there seemed to be 78,998 others people there who probably would disagree with me on that.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Clicky Web Analytics